Day 21 (January 22). Willemsted, Curaço

Early morning. So, Anne and I are confined to our cabin with covid as we sit docked next to Willemstad, Curaçao. But we are docked on our port side, the side our cabin is on, facing the city. Gorgeous. Just gorgeous.



Later in the morning. We are both feeling poorly, but not that poorly. I'm actually pretty much done with runny nose and hacking cough, but have been succumbing to long periods of sleep. Anne's had low fever and has little energy. And now she's got runny nose, cough, and not feeling great. Hopefully she's just a day behind me and will be feeling better tomorrow.















[Don't ask me what the "I" is above. Some sort of heading or something I've accidentally inserted, but I don't want to spend more time figuring out Blogger right now. So, finishin up today's post:

After Willmestad. At dusk we were "steaming" toward the Panama Canal, which we reach tomorrow, I believe.

Night, 10:30 pm. An hour ago I counted ten ships south of us, the direction our cabin faces. Now I only see one. Here, thanks to Google Maps on my iPhone is where we are, near Aruba, some 600 miles sailing from Panama City:







But Google tells me that "the 600 mile passage from Aruba to Panama is deemed to be one of the worst 5 in the world, as the seas and trade winds from across the Atlantic pile up in the corner where Panama connects to Columbia." Yikes! No wonder the captain warned us of heavy seas. And indeed, in the last twenty minutes this ship is rolling more than it has on the entire voyage so far. And we'll have all day tomorrow to enjoy it. We don't get to the canal until Wednesday. 

Comments

  1. So sorry you have covid. It is rampant here in Atlanta too. As you won't be walking on the Panama Canal day, I suppose it is as good a day as any to have covid. You'll be able to see most everything from your balcony I hope. Dabney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get well soon! And wow that view is truly amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Where in the World are Ric and Anne?

Day 51 (Feb 21). Musings from Anne

Day 64 (March 5): Fukoaka (Hakata), Japan