Food for thought. The Case Against Tourism

(Random Rambling) So, before you envy or begrudge us this around-the-world cruise, let me share an article from The New Yorker. I have some sympathy with this article. I do like to tour with a group, but I also like to slow tour or vacation with family. Some year I'd like to have us rent a house in France or Arkansas or on Indian Lake in Ohio or ... you get the idea. But there's a lot to be said for just staying put, especially on our permanently docked cruise ship, the SS Goodwin House Bailey's Crossroads. So, if you are not touring any time soon, here's well-argued apology:








Well, there you go. I don't much care for the author's pithy, rather snotty last sentence. But what do YOU think?

BTW, if you leave a comment please sign it. Otherwise, all that I or others see is "Anonymous."

Cheers, Ric 





















Comments

  1. And then there are those of us who lived in different countries for long periods during our childhoods. We were imprinted by other cultures. Travel to these places is more like a spiritual pilgrimage than tourism. Jeanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point. Especially for Anne in France.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Where in the World are Ric and Anne?

Day 51 (Feb 21). Musings from Anne

Day 64 (March 5): Fukoaka (Hakata), Japan